This last week has been baby week on our farm! To start things off my pair of African Geese hatched out their first gosling. But for some odd reason they rejected it. So the baby know is being raised by my sister and I.;) It is so cute! Then on Sat my Jersey cow had her calf. She is a beautiful heifer!! It is amazing how much she looks like her daddy ( I raised a Jersey bull calf and he was the nicest guy, but he learned how to jump fences.... so he is now in the freezer...) but he blessed me with one more heifer calf with Daisy. I tell you there is nothing better then raising a baby calf and even better yet having a milk cow. You really do love them!! I know I do and would not trade farm life for anything else!
And then last but not least our kitty cat Twinkie had her kittens!! We are so enjoying them! Farm life is bliss!!!
And then last but not least our kitty cat Twinkie had her kittens!! We are so enjoying them! Farm life is bliss!!!


Daisy Mae and her calf enjoying the orchard grass. The baby was very inquisitive about everything!!
Skipping along with that classic calf skip! Adorable let me tell you!! Big sister (Lantanna) looking on...she will be having her first calf this fall.
Meeting big sister and half brother. I had a Jersey bull calf I raised along with Daisy but unfortunately last summer Buster Brown discovered that there were alot of other girl cows on the other side of the fence so after a month of having to go and find him everyday and walk him home he is know in the freezer... I loved that boy!! But he gave me two beautiful heifers and they both look alot like him! The black steer is our beef cows' year old calf and she too is resting in the freezer as will her son here at the end of this year.... Then I will just have my Jersey 3 girls!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment